Friday, October 31, 2008

GREAT JOB BAND!!!!!

What a great job you did last night at the Halloween Concert!!! I am very proud of each and every 7th grade and 8th grade band member. The beginning band pulled off their portion of the concert, completing the most feared task of any beginner, the first concert. The 8th grade presented themselves well, performing to an already established expectation. The 8th grade beginners also contributed well to the 8th grade portion of the concert, laying to rest several of their concerns.

The mixture of outstanding and well thought out costumes, candy, a good performance, supporting parents and administration, as well as wonderful students, all added up to be a GREAT success. Congratulations to Jordan, Alexis, Carter and Ketera for winning the costume portions of the concert.

I look forward to the next concert, which will be the Christmas Concert. It's not far away; mark your calendars for Tuesday, December 9, 2008.

Also, if anyone has pictures or a video of the performance please send them to me via email or to the school. Due to apparent technical difficulties I do not have video or pictures. I really would love to have both! Thanks.

1 comment:

Dr. Frank Buck said...

I hate I was out of town and couldn't come to the concert. I am actually sitting in my hotel room in Denver right now reading your blog. Beginning Band, way to go! I have been a part of MANY concerts, but the very first one has always remained very special. It only gets better from here!