Sunday, February 22, 2009

STATE here we come!


The amount of pride that I had on Friday as we performed on Stage at Gadsden High School and as I read the scores to our students afterwards is beyond description. A HUGE Congratulations is in order for the members of the ZEJH band that participated in District Assessment and received Superior ratings, which qualified them to move on to State! This is truly a great accomplishment, even more than you realize! Dr. Buck, also a former junior high band director stated, "I have state contest programs from every year dating back to 1956. I can find no record of a junior high band from this entire county performing at state contest other than performances by Talladega Jr. High in 1964 and 1965."


After working out a few kinks we have a spot and will travel to Briarwood Church in Birmingham, AL on Monday, March 2nd to perform at 1:00 p.m, yes, that is a week from tomorrow. All information will go out in class tomorrow! Due to honor band and other conflicts we have limited rehearsal time before the 2nd. Please use your time wisely and practice at home.

I am so proud of the accomplishments of our students and look forward to what they have to offer not only at Zora Ellis, but as they move on to the high school band next year. The Talladega High School Band also received superior ratings and will travel back to Gadsden on March 4th for State.
This will also be my first trip to state contest, as a director. I am so proud to be able to share this experience with such a great group of students. It is something I will treasure forever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes me proud seeing both of the bands doing well. I am proud of you guys.